Let's start with the important part...the drink.
This is a Michelada, and believe me, I needed it with the sewing project I just completed.
Recipe
Light Mexican Beer
5 oz tomato juice
1 oz hot sauce (Tabasco is good)
dash of Worcestershire
dash pepper
juice from one lime
You're not going to pour the whole beer in, but almost. See how spicy it is. A lot of people pour everything over ice, but I just chill the beer and tomato sauce. A lot of people also use salt on the rim. Make it your own.
Now onto sewing. I saw these pocket wall charts (I guess that's what they're called) on a teacher supply store website for $50. I wasn't going to pay $50 and I thought it wouldn't be too hard to make. It was! I will NEVER sew with plastic again! Supposedly there is a foot one can buy to sew with plastic to keep it from sticking. Of course, I wasn't going to buy that either. So, I got some tissue paper and cut it to the same size as the plastic and sewed over both. I then had to tear the tissue paper off. The pics are dark because the room is dark.
I could not see where I was sewing and so the plastic is all off. It's functional though and that's all that matters I suppose.


Oh my goodness! That's FANTASTIC! I so want one!! You are such a trooper...sewing plastic. Incredible. And that drink...how delicious does that sound. I wonder what it'd be like with a bit of cucumber? I do love cucumber :-) We have had nothing but sunshine for over a week here - very unusual. And the temps have been consistently at our equivalent of 101F - 81F. I can't imagine living with this for as many days as you've lived with your version...I'm sooo grumpy. Yes, I need one a michelada!
ReplyDeleteturned out cute! you are such the seamstress!
ReplyDeleteHey, you made it! It's great!
ReplyDeleteI think you did a fantastic job!
ReplyDeletethat looks great! so much cooler than a factory made one. and the drink looks pretty great too!
ReplyDeleteOh, that turned out great! I love it! But I totally get where you're coming from- sewing with plastic is not the most enjoyable experience in the world (even with the right foot!).
ReplyDeleteMegan, I think you need to give yourself a big pat on the back...your wall hanging is just fabulous! You are indeed a gifted seamstress.
ReplyDeleteWith funds extra tight here it's always nice when I can make something at a much reduced price than what I see in the stores. I am working on a hanging baby hammock right now! xx
That is such a great idea and I can see how all your children can participate with the words in the pockets-you are very talented :)
ReplyDeleteThis is an awesome idea! I've wanted something like this for a while, but I, too, didn't want to pay so much money for a store-bought one.
ReplyDelete