I decided to link up with Amanda over at The Habit of Being and share our weekend.
We had a nice and relaxing one around here. On Friday evening I had the dinner of champions and actually read a little.
We had a nice and relaxing one around here. On Friday evening I had the dinner of champions and actually read a little.
We tried our hands at felting.
We didn't really know what we were doing. If you run in the Waldorf blog circle (lol) then you see a lot of needle felting. After seeing these acorn necklaces in the Fall edition of Rhythm of the Home and knowing our obsession with acorns, we had to try it. It was a little hard for the girls, but fun for me. I will probably use what remains of our wool to make some Christmas gifts. The girls complained about the necklaces being itchy so they will eventually become Christmas ornaments. For now, they're the first thing to go on our Fall bulletin board!
I've been reading a lot of Elsa Beskow to the kids. I LOVE Elsa Beskow! I just need to color some of the kids in her books a darker shade of tan and maybe give them little afros.
We transplanted a few more tomato plants.
The kids had fun hanging out at their friend Aidan's house Saturday.
The kids had fun hanging out at their friend Aidan's house Saturday.
We went over to my sister's house to watch some college football Saturday night.
My sister and her friends made Abigail (my niece) a Raggedy Ann wig. Her and Taven are going to be Raggedy Ann and Andy for Halloween. Now I need to get started on Taven's wig. I think I'm going to have my mom sew the costumes this year. Hear that mom?
On Sunday we went to my parents for some Texans football! They killed the Colts! Bwah hah ha!
Thanks to my mom for the lovely brisket tacos and Ninfa's green sauce.
Recipes are from Homesick Texan: brisket tacos and Ninfa's green sauce
My sister and her friends made Abigail (my niece) a Raggedy Ann wig. Her and Taven are going to be Raggedy Ann and Andy for Halloween. Now I need to get started on Taven's wig. I think I'm going to have my mom sew the costumes this year. Hear that mom?
Thanks to my mom for the lovely brisket tacos and Ninfa's green sauce.
Recipes are from Homesick Texan: brisket tacos and Ninfa's green sauce





what a fun weekend:)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful weekend! The "band" looks adorable :)
ReplyDeleteI want to make the acorn necklaces too! They do look like they would be so much fun to make.
ReplyDeleteThink your mom would share her recipe for brisket tacos and green sauce? I have a crew here that would inhale them!xx
Ninfa's green sauce is from here:
ReplyDeletehttp://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/2007/01/salsa-salvation-ninfas-green-sauce.html
brisket tacos
http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/2011/01/brisket-tacos-recipe-dallas.html
sorry links don't work in comments. not sure how to do that.
We made acorn necklaces this afternoon! I can't wait to wear them with my little one!
ReplyDeleteWow, book, beer, bread, crafting, partying delicious food. Sounds great to me!xxx
ReplyDeleteWOw! Looks busy!!
ReplyDeleteOh fun, your acorns look wonderful. I think we need to try them now. Where did you get your wool? I love Elsa Beskow and I have had the exact same thought, except the kids would have long dark hair and blonde afros. You slay me!! ;)
ReplyDeletethat green sauce has my name on it! darling family! found you via amanda!
ReplyDeletewww.durangomom.com
my husband refuses to go to ninfas so i make the green sauce -- love love love it. my kids would drink it if i let them ;-)
ReplyDeleterefuse to go to ninfa's!!!?? i grew up there :-)
ReplyDelete