Saturday, February 15, 2014

Softball!!!!

Well we are all very excited around here because Naia started playing softball! My sister and I both played growing up and my parents miss going to games. Luckily for them, Naia liked it!

Most girls were more interested in the dirt and the coach had to keep telling one of them to stop picking her nose but hey! that's what 5 and 6 year old softball is all about right?!




I knew Naia would like it, but I admit I was a little surprised when she asked to hit some balls when we got home. I am so proud of her because she was scared and shy at first. She didn't really want to play, but I know her well enough to know that she would like it once she tried. She is very eager to have friends and be a part of something. She wanted to take an art class but I could not justify spending the money on something that I could provide. 

We did not do too much on Valentine's Day yesterday. I managed to start (key word) a few chores outside because the weather was perfect. The kids went on a bike ride and chased the garbage truck  around the cul-de-sac.

I got a letter from the HOA asking me to move my flower pots from the driveway. Needless to say, I was NOT happy! I mean really? Get a life people! They referred to the pots as "storage." Well I did not move all of them, but it did get me motivated to empty them and prepare for planting again! Spring is always an exciting time, but also a little depressing. It makes me think of how I want land and how I do not have any. Even though I only have these few pots to grow my vegetables in, it's better than nothing....I suppose.




 I really want to do a raised bed out back for the kids, but Mirek is at the age where he will rip everything out...We might just wait until next spring. Then we can do a few raised beds. I do not want to have to keep Mirek inside. He loves playing out back (and I love getting him out of the house).


We went over to my sister's house for a Valentine's Day dinner. The kids helped me prepare.

I don't always allow them to chop vegetables, but I decided it would be funny to let them all have a go at the onions.



 Peeling potatoes is always a hit. They are slow but at least this actually helps me out as I can do something else while they are peeling.


 Not one of them has mastered the art of cracking an egg yet....


 Mixing, of course, is their favorite!


I tried to write a little more than usual in this post. Baby steps.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! The HOA over here won't allow chickens. I'm excited because it seems there is a law that might overturn that and I would LOVE to have chickens in our backyard - even if it is small. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are not allowed to have chickens either :) but I've had them for 2 years...

      Delete