Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yarn Along

It's raining! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! We have been in a major drought and wildfires have increasingly been getting out of control. And this is real rain, not one or two drops! So thankful. Anyway, here is what we're reading and knitting. I've been skimming through Country Wisdom and Know How. It's amazing! Everything you could ever want to know is in this book! I finally got to the library yesterday to pick up all the unicorn books I had requested for Eaden. We tried having a weekly theme for a grand total of two weeks. It didn't really work. Sometimes, we want to spend more or less time on a given theme and I'm not really into time constraints. I'm also not great at requesting and picking up all of our holds that quickly. So we will probably be on unicorns for about a month. The knitting is a hat I'm making for a friend of mine's son. Two weeks ago I posted a hat for Yarn Along, but no one pointed out to me that it looked humongous. After knitting for a while, I realized it was twisted (can you tell I'm a great knitter?). So I unraveled it and it turned out it would have fit an elephant. I've restarted and I hope this one is not too small. Post your Yarn Along over at Small Things.

11 comments:

  1. Great book - lol at the hat. I am sure this one will work out and be loved. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of reading themes, too. But it requires so much more discipline than I have (LOL)! Sorry about the hat. I sometimes knit them for elephants as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hat looks about the right size to me.

    We're still waiting for the rainy season to really start in south Florida - and June is usually our wettest month. I'm with you on drought conditions.

    Stopping in from Yarn along. My link is http://blog.mymummyknits.com/yarn-along-24/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hat looks great! It is bound to fit someone, right? I really like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hopeless at picking up our reserved library books. Takes so long that if I waited for them all to turn up at the library, the first batch would be ready to be sent back. Your book looks interesting. I love learning new-old ways of doing things. I hope you feel happier with your hat this time. Looks like interesting yarn.

    Hopped over from the Yarn Along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we learn so much from our mistakes while knitting!! The hat looks great now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hat looks fab now; don't we just learn so much with knitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just been waiting for the rains to end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All will be fine. I love that you are checking out books about unicorns. Hee hee. I should check out Country Wisdom. Happy knitting and I am glad you are getting some rain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've learned a lot in the past couple of days about knitting as well - errors errors errors....

    ReplyDelete