Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Work of Art

I'm so excited with the work of art my daughters and I created today! Primarily because we had no intention of creating it. First, Taven dropped a skein of yarn into a pan of oil I had fried okra in. I knew I was probably not going to be making a hat or a....well that's all I really know how to make. Anyway, I got the idea to take some branches from a fallen tree limb in our back yard and wrap them in the yarn. The girls had a hard time doing it by themselves so we came up with this ingenious method where one person holds the yarn and the other spins the branch.
After Taven fell asleep for his nap I decided I would let the girls play with some clay that we found at my mom's house last weekend. After playing around with it a bit, we decided to make some beads. I wasn't really too sure what to do with the beads. I initially tried to string them all on one long piece of yarn and hang it on the wall. I was then planning on hanging the kids' artwork from it. However, the yarn broke and the beads went flying. So I nixed that idea. After thinking for a bit, we came up with our masterpiece!
Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Really cool! I love when an unplanned comes together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It came together exactly as it should!
    Steve would be jealous of your fried okra...he hasn't had any since he lived in Austin, TX (when he was little) and misses it!

    ReplyDelete