Friday, June 17, 2011

Tweet Tweet!

We made this bird's nest with play dough birds today. It's the same play dough we made a while back. We still don't have anything to dye it with so we colored the birds with markers. Doesn't look great, but hey, you do the best with what you've got. The eyes are popcorn kernels and the shells are egg cartons. I made this once after a bird storytime and for a "green" arts & crafts program I had when I was a children's librarian. We used tape to hold the eggshells together. Of course, I have no tape and therefore sewed them together. Tape is much easier. Back to the library - A friend of mine and co-worker (you know who you are!) was addicted to t.v. dinners. She had them for lunch everyday. So, we used the t.v. dinner trays for the nests. I wrapped them in brown tissue paper. I saw this idea somewhere on the Internet.

2 comments:

  1. What a unique presentation of a chick and her chicks just hatching from their egg. Great photo!

    http://allergiesandceliac.blogspot.com/2011/06/this-moment_17.html#more

    ReplyDelete