Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mud Kitchen = Clean House

This morning I set up a mud kitchen for the kids. After cleaning out the pot of dirt and ants I poured into the pool, the kids quickly got to work.








And I got busy cleaning!


After almost two hours, the kids came in wanting a drink. Taven looked like a poor pitiful soul. They took a little break in the now clean book nook.




Then headed back out again.



I kept cleaning! My husband will be so proud.


After a bit longer, the kids came in and took a bath. Wow! My husband is REALLY going to be proud! And after the bath, I cleaned the tub!


I know it may not look that clean (especially to my mom), but some stuff just doesn't scrub off. Big improvement, I promise. However, I'm not getting to laundry folding today...


5 comments:

  1. Oh for some weather like yours! We were outside making a mud bench to play mud kitchens on today, it was jolly cold though, and we didn't get as far as getting the mud out. You look like you had fun with the mud though. I do like to see a grubby happy child! Love the pictures of the super clean house. That's what I strive for, and never quite achieve. As for your bathroom, its looks heavenly to me, you should see mine!
    Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. house won't stay clean long, that's why I took pictures :-) oh and for the truth behind the heavenly tub. We haven't used those jet things since we moved in here a few years ago. When you fill up the tub little roaches crawl out of them. LOL. I love getting to the truth behind pics, don't you?

      Delete
  2. May I place my order now? I would like a nice green salad please followed by a real big piece of birthday cake! (I looove your tile flooring! And the tile in the bathroom. I'm in to earth tones big time)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome blog. Thanks for your comment on mine. I love the idea of the mud kitchen and am definitely going to steal that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh we do love mud pie kitchens. i have just spent quite a lot of time re-vamping the outdoor kitchen ready for the spring! They are loving going out there and exploring. i even planted some herbs this week for them to pick and cook with!

    ReplyDelete