Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yarn Along

Finally! I can link up with Ginny at Small Things for a Yarn Along! It took me quite some time to finish this hat, but it's done. There were so many great shots of my son modeling that I couldn't choose one. FYI - If you think you see yarn hanging down from the upstairs balcony in these shots, you do. Wrapping the house in yarn seems to be the thing to do....and I think those are boogers under his nose. Whatever.

 Blowing me a kiss.


 Here's some of what we've been reading. Eaden made this bag so that she could take her little books around with her. I couldn't find the fabric markers...obviously.

16 comments:

  1. I love that hat....it turned out so well! We live across the street from a small library, but it's wonderful. I've always thought working at a library would be fun. I'm reading this book called "Little Bee" that you might like... BUT as you put it on your profile...being home with your children is more important right now. I quit my job of working in a pre-school for the past 5 years and am very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more of us at home with our kids- the merrier *I* say ;)
    The hat looks great- and your son is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, that is one little cutie you have! You did a great job on the hat and having yarn strung all over the house is part of the fun of a mom who knits! The wee one here like to wrap my table legs with yarn.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great little hat on a cutie patootie!! Sometimes the colors of the yarn do all of the work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the perfect house for yarn stringing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seriously have the most adorable children. The hat looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome hat on such a cute model!

    And kudos to Eaden on her bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute hat--and cute babe wearing it!

    You asked on my blog how old my kids are: they are 2 1/2 & 4. You can check out a lot of Usborne books at most libraries and they come highly recommended! Have a good week and stop back anytime!
    Sarah M
    http://ssmast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh he is cute! That hat turned out great; I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. precious boy and hat, too! just started a hat for my lil man today, hopefully it wont take too long to finish, but thats impossible to judge wuth a little one.
    your family is beautiful! i enjoy reading your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling! Here is a link on someone who did a tutorial for noreply bloggers:

    http://www.pleasant-home.com/2010/12/so-exciting-less-no-reply-bloggers.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute hat and kiddo...even if he has boog-a-lees like my soon-to-be-three year old niece would say. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your children are so adorable. I love his smile. I just finished my first hat for Ansley and was so proud of myself!
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete