Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yarn Along

I have a friend's baby shower coming up! I get to sew baby things! ...and knit. Right now I'm knitting a hat for my daughter. She loves wearing them since she had all of her hair whacked off. I made some of the quick change trousers yesterday. I was trying to increase the size so that my 3 and 4 year old girls could wear them, but it didn't work. Thankfully, they're not too girly and my son can wear them. They are also very forgiving in that all of your mistakes and mess are hidden inside the reversible pants (shorts in this case). I think I am going to make some teeny reversible shorts for the new baby and a matching reversible shirt (not from Handmade Beginnings). I am also going to knit her a hat as well and perhaps some booties if I can figure out how. Check out others or post your own Yarn Along over at Small Things.

15 comments:

  1. Yay! Baby things :-) Such fun. And that yarn - sooooo beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reversible stuff- and tiny things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh gorgeous yarn!!! I Love tiny handmade things as well!!! Happy knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to see if our library has that book so I can look it over (not that I have a baby to sew/knit for, but I do like to look at patterns!).

    But yes, do share the info about your yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and re: Buchi Emecheta. Could you recommend a good place to start with her books? My first thought is The Joys of Motherhood (of course), but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the yarn you are using, it is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yarn is Merino from http://www.etsy.com/shop/marion?ref=seller_info i love it!. rainblissed -Joys of Motherhood is a great place to start! I'm pretty sure that's where my quote came from. Emily, our libraries don't carry the pattern books b/c people tend to take out the patterns :-( However, i like them because you get a lot of patterns for not too much money. it can be tricky tracing them though with 100 patterns on one page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh pretty yarn and the hexagonal quilt on the book cover looks rather fab !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great yarn, and yay for sewing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I second "Yeah-baby knits!" What joyous knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. pretty, pretty yarn! and lucky you with a talent for sewing - it something i wish i could do with some skill but alas, i am a knitter through and through ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I am drooling over your yarn...lovely!
    And you sew too? Wow! Like Amanda, sewing is a talent I wish I had. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that yarn. It totally matches the cover of the book. Please share your sewn creations with us! You have so much talent.

    ReplyDelete