Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ordinary

Nothing out of the ordinary going on yesterday. I found some bowls at the thrift store last weekend and decided to write the kids' names on them. Myself and my husband are very tired of finding dirty bowls lying around everywhere. When we ask whose it is, the answer, of course, is always Taven. Now we will know the culprit.


We also found a Star Wars book for 99 cents at the thrift store. We thought we'd mail it with a letter/picture to our best bud Aidan. He loves Star Wars.


 I owe the library $76! In addition to that, I cannot find one dvd. Needless to say, my husband is not happy. Most of the fines are due to two damaged books. Eaden threw one book off the balcony breaking the spine and Taven cut one up with scissors (thankfully they were good useful books that I don't mind keeping, one on homesteading and one on "green knitting"). The rest is late fees. So I decided to make a bin where we would try and keep all of the kids' library books. This way they are not all over the place for them to pick up and throw or for us to lose.


 We've got some beans coming in. We would have tomatoes but Taven picks them all before they ripen.



 And everyday is in house gymnastics.





The kids spend a lot of time out back now that we have the chickens. This one poor (the slowest) chicken is always being captured. The kids say she likes to eat play dough (hopefully she doesn't get sick).


 Mud soup.


 My sis found us some petrified wood at her in laws property so we are learning about that. If I ever get the energy to head over to the zoo we can trade our nature journal and wood at the swap shop. We also need to check out the new electronic dinosaur exhibit before it gets too hot.


Oh! And for something that is not ordinary! Eaden is reading!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are having fun- I love the indoor gymnastics- I feel for you regarding the books- I have owed the library tons of money and my husband was never happy- Now I've learned to not tell him- works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh a surprise in the mail? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully! I wasn't sure about how many stamps to put on it... we'll see if it makes it.

      Delete
    2. Yay! Let us know if he likes it.

      Delete
    3. Of course he does! He liked it before he even opened it.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the indoor gymnastics idea. They look pretty good at it, too! And that video is darling. Hooray for reading! Nice job teaching her, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss my days of working at a library and NEVER having to pay late fees. My girls recently left a book out in the rain. I guess I'm paying for all of the things that I appreciate about the library, but it's still kinda frustrating.

    Your kiddos are turning into quite the gymnasts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If my library did late fees I would be broke! (Or I would have incentive to take note of when things are suppose to go back I suppose) Love the at home gymnastics pics even the couch one scared me a little:) She's a clever little reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. The library basket is such a good idea. Ditto the names on the bowls.

    and your kids are so flexible. I wish I had that much energy.

    ReplyDelete