Friday, April 27, 2012

New Braunfels, Texas

We went to New Braunfels Wednesday to visit my grandparents. We also went to Sea World in San Antonio on Thursday but I will save those pictures for another post.

First we went to eat lunch at The Gristmill.


 Then hung out in Gruene for a bit.


 Went over to Gruene Hall.


 Then to the General Store.


 I always let the kids pick out a candy. Don't ask me why with so much goodness to choose from they chose Ring Pops.


Now on to Great Grandma and Grandpa's house.

 The kids helped Pepaw Bill hang the flag.


 There were a million caterpillars to play with. I think Taven might of held a few just a little too tight.


 Then down to the river (this is my grandparents back yard!)


 And back up all of the stairs...


Lots of water!!!!


Now off to Landa Park!





I made all of my pictures 1960's style because, to me, they pretty much looked that way already. I am getting sooooooo frustrated with my camera! Half of my pictures are too blurry to post anywhere (and I took them outside in bright light) and the ones that are halfway decent still are not that clear. I REALLY want a new camera! I think I've asked this question before, but can y'all please recommend a good camera that is easy to operate and that takes clear pictures for under $250?

1 comment:

  1. Love that general store! What fun!
    My small camera that I bring everywhere with me is a canon elph power shot 100HS. I love canons and I think they are easy to use (but I have also had several and then all work similarly). This one doesn't have a manual setting, which is a bummer, but it has about 20 different other settings that you can choose from, including some fun ones like fisheye. A newer model came out recently, and I got this one at Costco for about $130-ish. It has been working fine!

    ReplyDelete