Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring in Texas!!!

Today was another great day here in Texas! What better way to celebrate than go to one of our favorite places, Mercer Arboretum. I've posted on here about Mercer quite a bit...I love it. Especially this time of year! I wish this weather would last forever, but I know we are about to lock ourselves inside, crank up the a/c, and drink lots of beer (and lemonade for the kids). I know we won't do that, we'll be pool and beachside, but you get my drift.



 Nothing says Spring in Texas like bees on Bluebonnets! Makes me happy.



 There were a ton of lizards.


 There were also a ton of butterflies, but none of them would be still enough for my little point and shoot camera, lol. However, we did study this Eastern Tent Caterpillar (we think) for quite some time.









Taven LOVES water fountains!


 "Please girls, just say cheese and take a nice picture....come on, I'll take you to the park." ...Never works.


 But we always go to the park anyway.


 And sometimes eat bar-b-q for lunch.


4 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos, so lively and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics, I can almost imagine myself there. I get what you mean about this being the best season. It is like that in Australia too, where summer can be just too darn hot to really get out and enjoy, where as spring can be just perfect (and autumn too, which is where we are at now). Your kids look like they love being outdoors. By the way, your lizards are way more colourful than the common types around here - it is great to see the world from a different perspective xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks such a beautiful place. All your pictures are wonderful and I especially love the caterpillar observation pictures! Thanks for sharing with our Spring Carnival. :) I featured your post in a round up of spring nature walks:
    http://sunnydaytodaymama.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/all-year-round-week-five-7-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! Looks like a beautiful place to hang out. Your pictures always make me smile. I think we saw the same caterpillar on our zoo trip the other day.

    ReplyDelete