I guess I went a little book crazy today. They are just so easy to make!
I made a nature journal with a pencil pouch on the cover. In addition to the regular size pages in the nature journal, I also sewed a little mini book onto the inside back cover. Not sure why. Just for fun I guess. I added titles to the books based on whatever fabric I could find.
So far we've got A Fairy Tale, Caterpillars and Butterflies, Signs of Summer, Blue, Flowers, Unicorns, and Birds. I'm sure there will be more but not today.
I think the chickens wanted in on the picture taking.
Although the cloth covered books are for the kids' art packages they will receive after the baby arrives, I have given them a few of the simple accordion and accordion pocket books from Bird and Little Bird.
those are SO RAD!! i love the fabrics. i've totally got to try making some.
ReplyDeleteLove them- so colorful and unique.
ReplyDeleteI love the fabric books and it's so creative!
ReplyDeleteVery cute! I've got to learn how to sew.
ReplyDeletethese look great! I think its such a nice idea giving them special art supplies for when your baby arrives and of course will be helpful that they have something new and exciting to do. I think you did well with the art supplies, stockmar beeswax crayons are my fav kids art supply, good luck to tavern trying to break his, our block ones have lasted a good 3 years still going strong just a few bite marks and a bit smaller:) Ive tried Lyra pencils and couldn't see the difference. Thanks for the nappy washing advice, there is so much info on the net that its overwhelming!
ReplyDeleteLove the one with the pencil case on front, great idea! I think I need to make myself one of these beautiful notebooks :) your pouch cover got me thinking- an expandable pouch cover for a nature journal for things like writing utensils, magnifying glass, and room for small collectibles like special leaves and rocks found on a nature adventure. P's- glad to hear you're having a happy end of pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteI absolutly love those books and how you gave them titles. Such a wonderful gift. And the chickens are cool :-)
ReplyDeleteThese are fantastic! I love the fabrics and how fun to personalize them :)
ReplyDeleteYou're back! I didn't know that.
ReplyDeleteThese are so awesome I'm going to make these with the kids this summer!
ReplyDeletexoxo
~ joey ~
How wonderful! I love the idea of making homemade books, and your cloth covered ones are beautiful, love the fabric choices!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE them all...they're just beautiful...how could they not inspire creativity!! xo maureen
ReplyDelete