Thursday, January 26, 2012

Butter...and it's a boy!

It was a little weird. Yesterday morning we decided to read Around the Year by Elsa Beskow and one page is entitled:
It was weird because on Monday we went to the local dairy farm to pick up some milk, cream, and stew meat.
See all that green grass. I think that's why our butter turned out so nice and yellow. Anyhoo, Wednesday, was churning day. 
I let the kids shake the cream a bit and then I finished up.


There was no way we were waiting until Friday to bake, so we made some bread.

I would show you a picture of the bread, but my son broke my (well my mother's) nice camera a while back and the picture is awful.The bread was great! I promise.

Oh yeah! I went to the doctor yesterday and it turns out I'm having a boy! Yay! Taven will have a little friend. So happy. Also, it solves our room dilemma.  If the baby was a girl we were not sure where her room was going to be. The older girls share a room already and Taven has a room. Other than that we only have our loft area. So we were going to build a wall there and create another room. Don't have to do that! Taven and the newborn can share...after the baby moves out of my room of course.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your boy to be! It's nice that the room situation is completely solved. Hope you are feeling well and boy are your kiddies growing fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're back! I'm so glad! And congrats on your little boy-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on another boy! It's great that your room situation worked out! Plus, two boys and two girls will be great.

    Love those pictures. Your kiddos are so cute together.

    ReplyDelete